Chef/Kitchen Manager (North End, Boston, MA)
Employment Type: Fulltime
Seeking a Chef/Kitchen Manager for small busy North End Italian Restaurant. As a chef you must be able to demonstrate both experience and skill in executing Italian cuisine. The Kitchen Manager develops menus, monitors food and labor budget for kitchen staff. This individual is expected to produce the highest food quality and sanitation standards, while maintaining a well-run, cost effective kitchen.
• Hiring, training, supervising & evaluating kitchen staff.
• Designing, creating and improving menus
• Scheduling and coordinating the chefs, cooks and other kitchen staff.
• Monitor and ensure high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
• Establish controls to minimize waste and maximize profits.
• Implement the training of kitchen staff to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
• Develop standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which assures consistency and high quality, while assisting in menu pricing.
• Plans and projects weekly food and labor costs and monitors actual financial result.
• Inventory control
• Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of all menu items
• Evaluates food products to assure standards are met.
• Hires kitchen staff, evaluates job performance, corrects, rewards and disciplines staff in a fair and legal manner.
• Puts procedures in place to assure a smooth running kitchen at all times
• Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
Join Our Team
Please upload your resume and we will get back to you as soon as possible.